Downtime reduction methodology crash courses
Downtime Reduction Group offers many technical courses on the following subjects:
As we said before on our home page, Downtime Reduction Methodology is the most important solution any industry is looking for at the present time. Since 90th, Downtime Reduction Group offers tremendous savings to manufacturing companies who are presently struggling with their downtime losses. While downtime problems started along with the beginning of the technical revolution back in 19th century, it continues still today. Furthermore, until today, the ideal solution to this wide-spread problem hasn’t been found.
In the meantime, there are hidden savings can still be added to the overall Downtime Reduction Methodology implementation.
Why Downtime Reduction is a problem?
Global manufacturers, in every industry, are facing mounting pressure to increase efficiency, boost productivity, improve profit margin, and reduce production costs. In fact, two percent of a gross sale of any company is lost to mechanical and electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, and replacement of broken parts. As a result, it becomes costly losses due to downtime. An obvious solution, which comes to any plant manager, is to reduce downtime, manpower, or both. When any changes or upgrades in manufacturing process take place, they put an additional burden to maintenance electricians, especially, to those who are taken care of PLC and any other intelligent devices on the production floor.
First of all, there is no need to connect maintenance laptop to the PLC at fault. Instead, a machine operator will be in the position to understand what the kind of fault it is and pinpoint the root of a problem. Finally, the operator calls an electrician and tells him what to check or fix. Other benefits can be described as follows:
- Most of all, the main benefit of implementing this methodology will be a really quick fault detection due to a new faults display based on proprietary detection algorithm.
- Hence, the actual troubleshooting time will be reduced from 20 – 120 min, on average, to 1 – 2 min due to our solutions.
- Also, we will train machine operators to quickly analyze meanings of any fault and alarm displays using fault indicators to be able to tell an electrician where the fault might be located.
- In addition, by offering Downtime Reduction Course your company don’t need to spend money on retraining maintenance crew and send them to PLC school.
- Yet, the total number of maintenance personnel can be reduce by 20% to 40%.
- In conclusion, a continuous savings from downtime reduction will start right after 3 to 6 months of estimated ROI period, depending on the complexity of the downtime reduction deployment.
- Finally, Downtime Reduction Group offers continuous knowledge upgrade to anyone who wants it.
Our team is a highly trained system integrators, as well as PLC programmers, graphic designers, process control, and instrumentation specialists. Most of the time, we are using the latest automation technologies to solve immediate production problems. In addition, we will thoroughly evaluate your existing production equipment, its performance, and also all contributing factors related to possible downtime reduction issues. Subsequently, our team will be producing Unified Logic of your control system – a rapid root-fault location tool. We also adjust our courses to reflect the existing knowledge level of your maintenance crew and your engineering department for supporting the downtime reduction methodology implementaion we offer.