Rockwell Automation introduces PanelView 5310 family of graphic terminals
January 19, 2018
With the Allen-Bradley PanelView 5310 family of graphic terminals, they can now bring integration benefits to smaller applications.
The PanelView 5310 graphic terminals deliver the same usability and integration with Logix 5000 controllers as the PanelView 5500 terminals. But the new terminals are specifically designed for applications of up to 50 HMI screens. The terminals are available in 7-inch, 9-inch and 12-inch display sizes. A 6-inch display option will be available in 2018.
- Companies can also use the integration to create jog buttons in place of hardwired buttons. These auto-diagnosing buttons can interact with the controller at I/O speeds.
- Other features of the PanelView 5310 graphic terminals include the following:
- The Rockwell Software Studio 5000 design environment allows users to create reusable faceplates, screens and custom graphics to help reduce development time. These objects integrate with Logix add-on instructions and different user-defined data types.
- Emulation capabilities allow engineers to test run projects in the development environment. This can help them make changes without using the PanelView 5000 hardware or disrupting production.
VNC connectivity allows operators to remotely monitor operations via a smartphone, tablet or personal computer. Historical-trending and data-logging features also allow operators to troubleshoot issues directly on the panel.
- Engineers can load projects onto the PanelView 5310 graphic terminals directly from removable media to recover information and make project updates without needing to use the Studio 5000 View Designer application.
About Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation is a company dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., Rockwell Automation employs approximately 22,000 people serving customers in more than 80 countries.